Sunday, September 18, 2011

Classes

I've already got a 6 page paper due in a couple weeks. It's about the history of the three main sports in the US baseball, basketball, and American football and why Americans watch them. It shouldn't be that hard but I have to read the book before writing the paper. At least the book is about sports.

I've also got my first test tomorrow in Italian 101. It's over letters, numbers, dates, foods, places, and basic greetings. It shouldn't be too hard but I've got to put in a couple hours of studying yet this afternoon.

After the first couple of classes of History of the Catholic Church I can see that it will be pretty hard to keep up for the tests.. Good thing our first midterm is a take home test. Our teacher is smart enough to be on the History Channel he just struggles with relaying the information to the students. He expects us to know Greek and Latin words and symbols when most of us don't know any of them. Over the first two weeks we learned the history behind the Dollar Sign, the Old Testament and New Testament and how Religion is linked with Justice in Rome.

The Italy Reads program is staring soon and we have a meeting Monday about when we will meet with Italian High School Students to discuss the book. John just got the book read and the training done a couple of days ago. I had the book read a couple of weeks ago but just finished the training on time with him.

First time at the weight room a couple of days ago, and I already benched all the weights they had. They have a really small weight room with one bench and a couple of different machines. They also have three treadmills and 3 stationary bikes. I guess it will be good enough to get by because it's free. There's a couple of pictures of the gym below.





Packers vs. Panthers at 7:00 our time. It's a noon game in the states. Should I try to stream it, or just go to Abbey Theatre to watch it?

1 comment: